Wednesday 28 October 2009

stop motion workshop...

This week I went to the stop motion workshop to have another go creating some puppet animation. I really love the style of stop motion and watching films that were made using it. I find it incredible when you know how it was done and find it really interesting to watch the 'making of' to see how it all works. As a group we tried a little scenario just getting used to the puppets. It was really rough and we were just messing around with them so it wasn't at all acurate or realistic. When Anne gave us a task to do, and with lots of guidance, the puppets moved more smoothly and I learnt a lot more about the way they needed to be moved and the speed in order to carry out a movement in a more natural way. We tried a head turn..which is harder to get looking right then it sounds...



Mine was the middle one. I was quite pleased with it. I think it looks quite natural but I found it tricky getting the puppet to move a very particular distance as they tended to move back slightly or jolt way too far in the direction of movement. This is something I'd really love to get the hang of and have a lot more practice at animating in the future.

No comments: