Wednesday 21 October 2009

Drawing project cont.....

I have done a range of drawings since I last posted the project on here. Some of them are really rough and quick drawings, mainly from TV programmes and films where people are interacting. I thought this was a really good suggestion as the camera really focuses on the body language of the actors and how they are acting towards each other. I found this really useful, particularly to do some faster drawings to try and get as much information about the characters down quickly as the film continued.















From this I found that without detail, it's quite hard to tell what the characters are doing and I think it is important that in furture I need to concentrate on the shape of the figures and almost exaggerate their movements, emphasising what they are doing, particulalry when thinking about animation.

I have also done some more detailed illustrative type drawings to keep up the character design and because I wanted to try some neater, more finished ideas. I got inspiration for these mainly from photos or just thinking up situations that would create good moments between characters. I was quite pleased with the outcome of these and enjoyed doing them.



I really like the illustrative style characters such as of Joanna Quinn, particulalry becasue of the energy and expression she puts into each of her characters.





I think getting the body language and expression into characters the way she does is definately something to aim for and use as inspiration when designing characters and continuing this project.

No comments: