Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Winnies lip sync first scene

video

Having finished all of the drawings for this section of the speech, I wasn't too sure how it would look. Apart from testing the very first part of what she says and drawing out a few different ideas of mouth shapes, I didn't really know if it would work or not. I am pleased with the outcome however and I think it's quite believable that it could be the Winnie character talking. I am also quite pleased with my timing. I used a dope sheet throughout to make sure that I had the timing right, but from a previous test I found that I had written out one part of the dope sheet wrong and left way too much of a gap in the movement making it all out of sync. This section however was much better and I obviously hadn't made the same mistake with this part of the dope sheet.
Having seen this part working quite well, I will use the same method to do the lip-sync for the last scene. As I have already done all of the body movement for the first and last scene sperately and quickly tested them, hopefully putting the two together will really bring the character alive.
I think as a group we are doing quite well time-wise and have been pretty organised. After the 2D lecture we realised it was important that we really roganise all of our work, drawings and everything from each sceen so that everyone has access to all the information they need. Now that we have done that and each scene has a seperate folder it will be even easier to see where we are, what we need to do next and how much we have left to do in each scene in relation to the time we have left to get it done. Having completed the initial tests and animation I think it is important that everything is now scanned in and traced, ready to be coloured.
The background scenes are pretty much being finished and finalised so that they can be used in the scenes and the movement and backgrounds can soon be put together to really get a feel of how it will work as one piece and to see what changes need to be made.

No comments: