Thursday 4 March 2010

3 year project

For the 3rd year crew assignment, I'm working on Justin's Assassins project. I'm working as a 2d animator, and between the group we are working through the scenes, and with Justin's guidance, creating the movement in Flash that he wants from each scene. So far we have been given a few scenes and have just been trying to get the right style and the movement the way that Justin wants it and visualises it. I was given a scene with the character Grey running away from the evil rat character who is running after him in a windmilling fashion. I had a few attempts at creating the right run for both of these characters, and after meeting with Justin again to see what he thought of the work, I think I'm nearly there with my final attempts. The man's run still needs a few bits changing, for example the hair movement and the arm needs to be a little more erratic, however I feel more comfortable that I know what I'm trying to create in terms of style of animation and movement. Grey run attempts...





Rat run attempts...



Having got to this stage, we have now been given inbetweening scenes to do. These should be a little easier in terms of getting the movement right, however it is important that they look exactly right, so I think I'll have a few different goes at them to see what I can come up with.

No comments: