Wednesday 27 October 2010

re-working and stylising the characters...

After designing and colouring some of the characters for the piece I realised that they aren't as stylised as I was hoping. I think I had managed to fall back into the normal cartoon style I go for. I initially wanted to get something similar to the style of Joanna Quinn, however I love the style and the emotion you feel when watching pieces such as Dudok De Wit's Father and Daughter. The characters in this are very simple shapes with heavy shading and very few facial features. I think these will work better as you should be able to pick up the emotion and expression best from the body language and movement. As the characters change frequently in the short there is no need for facial features. I also think these will be easier and faster to animate with.




































No comments: