Sunday 17 October 2010

Continuing with the planning for the final major project I have carried on with the designs, styles and actually creating the tree. I decided to make the tree a physical object that I could film with a blue screen. Hopefully this will work with the 2d landscapes and characters, but I will need to test this once it is finished. I just think it will add a really nice textured effect to the piece. I have also started to plan out the background and landscape designs so that I can show the developments over time and the landscape changing, or at least have the basics of what I want it to look like throughout the piece at the pitch. When I have completed the basic backgrounds and tree I can then start to get some more concept artwork and frames together based on the storyboard. At the moment I have a very quickly sketched thumbnail storyboard which I need to develop into a full and finalised script and storyboard. However, for the moment I think I'm going to stick with working on bits and bobs I need ready for the pitch such as finalising character designs and illustrations, the 'wow' picture and concept artwork...


Initial landscape sketch of when the tree is planted


Tree in wire form..I have got a bit further with it now but will follow up with progress...

I really want to get the style of the piece right and want the characters in a nice style that works and can flow well, but are simple due to the amount that is in the piece. I was just looking at the movement and expression in these characters for a bit of inspiration.





No comments: