Sunday 2 May 2010

negotiations project...

The final brief...

For this project I would like to create 3D character models using Maya. These will be based on two previous character designs of a couple named Morvin and Foon that I created for the pre-production project last term. I would like to have finished models of both of these characters, up to the point where they could be rigged and used for animation.

By doing this project I hope to develop my 3D skills and understanding of Maya by putting the basics of modelling into practice. In turn I hope this will improve my 3D and spacial awareness in character design and 2D drawing/design work. I would therefore like to be marked on the quality of modelling skills and accuracy in creating my character designs in 3D.


As I can barely remember much of the Maya lessons we had in the first year or first term of this year, I'm working my way through this process bit by bit trying to take it in and remember it. I've started with Morvin the male character and have got the basic shape of his body and legs, however have avoided any detailed areas so far like the clothing and face...however I will soon get onto it. Here are some screen shots of what I've got so far...




No comments: