Wednesday 21 April 2010

summer term...

Only a few days in and already there seems like a lot to be getting on with..and I have a feeling it's only going to get busier...

Method and Research - So far, with one essay in and marked, I'm feeling OK about the other two..hopefully I will have improved a little on the next literature review having had feedback from the first, and I feel like the second review and the film analysis are more focused towards my dissertation area now and will definately help towards it. I have found quite a few readings on the topic, however I still need to develop my ideas into an arguement or question as a final title...

Negotiations - for this project I have decided to create a couple of the characters I designed for my previous pre-poduction project in 3D. I really want to get to grips with Maya and have at least one successful project completed with it to show, even just to myself, that I can use it and learn it. Hopefully this will develop my skills in this area and give me a bit of a wider skill range coming into our final year projects.
The two characters I wanted to model are Marvin and Foon.



I think that these were my most successful characters and the ones I enjoyed designing the most in this project. As they are already designed and I have completed trun arounds for them I can hopefully focus on the modelling and am planning to hopefully get them both finished as static models. I would really love to learn how to rig them and eventually do some short character animations with them. However I definately don't think this is possible in the time given my experience with Maya. However I would really love to do this maybe over the summer, just to know I could if I tried, and have my very own characters to play with!
So, to start this project i am going to model them in clay so that I can see their form in 3D whilst modelling more clearly then in the turn arounds.

No comments: