Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Developing ident

My aims for today were to complete my hand drawn animatic, and try and finish my more developed flash one. I definately managed to finish the first rougher animatic, but by doing this I then realised what I needed to work on developing my ident idea. I went back to my storyboard and made some changes. My animatic turned out to be around 20 seconds long which is way too long for the supposedly 5 second ident. So I made some changes to the script and ending. These changes I have drawn out as a new storyboard and I will put to the test in the flash animatic so I can see, hopefully, some improvements. I also looked at some different artists and styles of animation to see the kind of thing I would like to produce. For example I found a short animation from Tandem Films which I really like the look of, mainly because of the mix of styles - the sketchy foreground against the more realistic background... So for my ident I think I would like to combine a 3D background with a sketchy Flash foreground. I therefore tried to create a Maya sky dome, just to see what I could do. I think this could work quite well, however I only did it quickly and will try and make a good version when I have more time. My rough animatic and the beginning of my flash one are below. Hopefully I will have the flash one finished with the new ending tomorrow as well as develop the character designs and the background sorted.

video

video

..the end of my animatic...

video

No comments: