Monday 2 February 2009

Getting there...





Above are a couple more background designs I did. The orange one I tried to use analogous colouring going from dark browns/reds through to oranges and yellows. I think as an image it works, however I'm not sure that the colouring is correct. To gain more depth I think there needs to be a bigger distinction between the foreground and background colouring, making the hills in the distance lighter and a little colder possibly adding in a slight touch of blue.I was quite weary of using too many colours, however I think the second one using blues is more monochromatic and could be quite effective as a background. I think the front could be changed into a path or something more useful as it looks a little flat at the bottom. This could also give it better perspective.

So far I think they essay is coming along ok. I have pretty much written it as a detailed plan and just need to link everything together properly. After the tutorial today I think I need to add more into the essay about one particular film. I have quite a few different references relating to theories and quotes, however from what was said today it seems like the essay should be more like a case study then answering the question with ideas and theories. As I've already got most of the text together I can hopefully add to the one of the films I've already mentioned in more detail rather then completely change my essay.

I've had a go at the 3D room based on my interior background (the attic one in previous post)..it took a lot of mistakes, deletes and desperately trying to remember what Georg said to click on in the lessons, but I have something at least. It looks a lot better then I thought it would but a lot of the objects are pretty rough and have odd texturing and colouring. I also need to change the lighting around once I've learnt how to do it, and hopefully it will come together a little more over the next week or so..this is it so far...

No comments: