Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Nearly there with the experimental?...

Having drawn out alot of different sequeneces, movements, ideas and general lines and patterns moving around postcards, today I managed to finish the filming of them and put them together. I made the first two videos simply of all the different sequences that I drew out. Some were in a rough order, others just followed my train of thought and others were the main images that I knew where I wanted, either to start the animation such as the elephant, end it, or have as re-occouring images all through it.

Having made these two straight-through bits of film, I wasn't convinced how well my drawings would fit to the piece of music. I had a pretty good idea of how fast the music is and the beats of the music from the dope sheet I made a lot earlier and ideas of how I wanted the finished design to look. I also made sure that I drew out and filmed many more ideas then I needed, just because I knew I would end up taking some out, moving them around, repeating quite a few in different places,and also because I wasn't sure how well some of them would work as it was quite a fast, experimental way of working, I couldn't see clearly how the images would move around, how smooth it would be or if they would just look awful!

I therefore wanted lots as back up. Having put it on the computer and into Premier I then put the images with the music and started editing out the parts I didn't want or didn't look as effective as I thought, and repeating the main images I wanted to really show up. This is what I've got so far...


video


I'm actually quite pleased with it. I think the timing works quite well, a lot better then I was anticipanting when I was filming it, and the repeptitions I think work quite well. I think there are a few areas I would change and maybe a few of the images are a little rougher then I should have made them. However I got in all the main parts I wanted to show and ideas. I also want to add in a few different things before making a final copy which will hopefully get the transitions looking a bit nicer, such as a fade in/out of the scenes, in particular the one with the sun and the figure as I think this will show the two better rather then flick so quickly between them. So a little more editing to do before making the final copy...

No comments: