Tuesday 14 April 2009

Back from the Easter hols...

Well...I can honestly say I didn't do as much over the Easter break as I had planned to. Pretty lazy... but having decided I needed to put a bit more effort into learning the 3D side of things I did start to work my way through a learning Maya book which I found quite handy. I had a go at modelling something from the book, the constructor from Theme Planet (if anyone knows that).I thought this would be a good place to start as I avoided it with the ident and leanrt 2D instead. My attempt is below...



As it was the first time I've really tried modelling anything I am quite pleased with it, however there are obviously quite a few faults and things that need adjusting. For example all the bumps and odd lumps that I managed to create and couldn't get rid of without completely changing something else. There are also quite a few gaps and parts that I'm sure, when animating the model, would just not work. But as a first attempt it's ok. I think I should try modelling something of my own to practise it and get to understand it better without using a book telling me step by step what to do. I'd also like to finish this one off and have a go at texturing and eventually animating it if I can get the modelling a bit more polished.


Also over the holidays I was asked to design a Logo for a comedy company that often performs where I work. They requested a logo similar to the design of the love and hearts tattoos that have script around them with the company name on the script. With this in mind I came up with a few ideas as shown below...






I think I have the right kind of idea with these but they wanted it to look a bit more 'old school'so I thought it perhaps would be more what they wanted if it was hand drawn, or had a lot more detail in it...



...so thats the next one I've sent and I am awaiting feedback now for any changes or improvements they want me to make.

No comments: